When you’re choosing cannabinoid products like delta 8 THC, delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-P, HHC, or CBD, you have a few options to choose from in terms of what types of products you decide to order.
When looking for the best way to use cannabinoids, there are a few things to take into account.
Personal preference- The best way to find your preferred consumption method is to experiment with different forms.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are taken under the tongue. Most people experience effects after 45 minutes to one hour from taking the tincture.
- Vaping: Vaping is one of the best ways consume if you aim for fast effects, as they can usually be felt within minutes after taking a puff.
- Edibles: Gummies are one of the most common forms. The effects typically last longer than vapes, but they can take up to two hours to kick in.
- Smoking: Similar to vaping, smoking can be an efficient way to consume. But because of combustion, you may not be able to extract as much from your product as you would from a vape pen.
- Capsules: Once swallowed with water, capsules need up to two hours to start working. They are usually odorless and colorless, but the effects may not be as strong as gummies, since the THC doesn’t have a chance to pass through the blood vessels in your mouth.
- Topicals: These include salves, creams, lotions and balms.
Different forms of consumption provide a different duration of effects:
- Inhaled delta 8 THC — lasts about 3–4 hours
- Sublingual products — lasts about 6 hours
- Edibles (gummies) — lasts for up to 10 hours
WHICH CANNABINOID IS THE MOST POTENT?
Not all cannabinoids are created equal — some are much, much stronger than others.
1. THCP (STRONGEST NATURAL CANNABINOID) - THCP is found naturally in both hemp and marijuana in small concentrations.
2. THC-O - THC-O is similar to THC and metabolized into delta 9 THC, which then exerts the psychoactive effects.
3. DELTA 9 THC - Delta 9 THC is the most popular and well-known cannabinoid. It has strong binding capability to CB1 receptors causing psychoactive effects.
4. HHC - Fits less snug into CB1 receptors, making HHC about 80% as potent as delta 9 THC.
5. DELTA 8 THC - Delta 8 THC is nearly identical to delta 9 THC in molecular structure. It is around 50-65% as potent as delta 9 THC. Most report a clear-headed psychoactive experience and relaxation with a lower risk of unwanted side effects, like paranoia and anxiety. More indica like effects,
6. DELTA 10 THC - Delta 10 THC is around 50% as potent as delta 9 THC. Most report improved focus and attention, as well as a boost to energy and mood. More sativa like effects.
The required dose of any whole-plant treatment will probably always vary from one person to another.
- One size does not fit all.
- The simplest and safest route to follow is to start low and go slow in order to get the most out of your cannabinoids, but don't be afraid to go deep.
- Determine what your goals and desired effects are.
- Apply the proper consumption method depending upon what your goals are.
Time of day
Time of day is another factor to consider if you want to decide on the best way to use these types of cannabinoids.
- Nighttime use, the higher dose will be more sedative and best enjoyed in the evening for most.
- Daytime user, it might be a good idea to try a lower dose which can be more stimulating for most.
If you want to figure out your best dose for yourself, we suggest you follow the recommended doses listed on each product. Once you know your tolerance, you can adjust the dosage as needed.
Potency of your product
- When it comes to cannabinoids, potency refers to the molecule’s ability to bind to our endocannabinoid receptors.
- Higher potency means a more intense psychoactive effect or high.
- Those looking for a more intense feeling of euphoria and boosted mood from cannabinoids naturally look for the most potent option.